Saturday, October 6, 2007

Modesto Elvis

While in Modesto for a story this evening, I came across a strange occurrence.

We were eating dinner at an A&W restaurant, when I noticed the sound of live music coming from the parking lot. Upon closer inspection, I found that there was a flatbed truck supplying a stage for a makeshift concert. Odd, especially because that wasn't there when we drove up, but what's even odder was that Elvis was the one preforming. And you want to know what's the oddest part of all? People were enjoying it!

While we were leaving, I snapped a picture of one of the Elvises (there were 3, and I think one was Asian):

And, as everybody knows, chicks dig Elvis, and our reporter Melissa was no exception:

If this had occurred anywhere except Modesto, I would have been confused and slightly frightened, but when you're in Modesto, it just seems right.

Sorry folks, Modesto Elvis has left the flatbed.

No comments: