Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bowling Season: Round 1

Haven't been posting much these days. That isn't to say there ain't plenty to write about... Just hit a lull in the motivation department. A life of adventuring, coupled with a recent transition to HD at the ol' shop, has had a tendency to drain whatever excess creativity I may have. But here's a quick adventure to recap, just so I don't end the year on a dull note-

Home in the Bay Area for Christmas. Enjoyed some family time and dressed the family dog in his traditional garb, which he can't seem to figure out how to get off:

For further adventures with Jasper and his garb, don't forget to enjoy last year's holiday classic!

While in the area, some fellow adventurees (former sidekicks from the Cancun adventure earlier this year) were kickin' around SF and wanted to get together for a few drinks in the city. While looking for something to do, we stumbled upon this year's Emerald Bowl at the SF Giants' stadium. USC vs. Boston College. Mind you, I have been a longtime despiser of USC... but hey, they've got beer, so why not.

I figured I consider myself a Pac-10 fan, so why not go and cheer on my conference. First off... turns out it was pissing down rain in SF that day. And one of our attendees was a local weather person... good call.

However, I've spent plenty a day getting rained on at football games, so it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. The USC fans, however, were a different story. Just the site of the red and yellow logo made my blood begin to curdle. Every time ol' Pete Carroll showed up on the Jumbo-Tron, I wanted to start cussing like a sailor. But that is all easy to brush off when you compare it to the hoards of douchebaggy fratboys that filled the stands, many of whom insisted on going shirtless despite the rain and frigid temps. You ain't at the Rose Bowl no more, jackasses. Get used to it.

In the end... apparently USC won. I couldn't tell you for sure because we left after the third quarter to head to a bar or two. It was cold, it was raining, and none of us cared about either of the teams. Oh, and they stopped serving beer after halftime. I guess it's a plus that USC won, since many of the Pac-10 Bowlers have failed to do so thus far, but I'm not about to call myself a fan... or even a mild supporter.

Heading to the Rose Bowl on Friday. Finally, a real football game!!