Hey. Yeah, you. You remember that time the San Francisco Giants won the World Series? How sweet was that, eh?
Yeah, I wouldn't know. I kinda got shafted on covering the event. But hey, I've moved on. And today I was handed something of a consolation prize... their coveted championship trophy was making the rounds in Cali, and I got an E-Z Pass to the front of the line. It's not quite like getting doused in the locker room with champagne... but I'll take what I can get.

First stop on Trophy Tour '11 was the State Capitol, formally known as the House of Arnold. Now, I don't know how many people were expected to show for this event (especially at 10 AM on a Thursday), but the end result must have been a few thousand more than anticipated. Seriously, the trophy was in a room on the third floor, and the line wound through the hall, down two flights of stairs, and then circled around the main floor. It was insane, and this was just to see the trophy!
Well it was only able to make a brief 2 hour pit stop before heading over to city hall, where former NBA All-Star mayor Kevin Johnson called a time out from a city hall meeting to "touch this darn trophy."

But the good mayor wasn't about to be the only one that got to touch that darn trophy! I rounded up my sidekicks Don Peso and Alfonzo Beta for a lil' trophy touchin'. And it was good.

(Note: Giants owner Bill Neukom in the background, oblivious to the numbskullery)
So fine work, Giants! Sorry I couldn't be there in person to see your victory, but the least I could do is put a mustached beta tape next to your priceless trophy. Thanks for the opportunity!


No comments:
Post a Comment