Wednesday, November 3, 2010

GIANTS!!

The San Francisco Giants are the world champs!!!

Now, I'm quick to admit that I've never been a hardcore baseball fan, as many others claim to be. But I grew up in the Bay Area, and have always considered myself a fan of the Giants (although the A's are a little closer to my heart). I throw out this disclamer because there have been a lot of people hopping onto the Giants bandwagon in the past month or so, and I just want to make clear that I am not one of them. I'm no die-hard fan, but me and Los Gigantes do have a bit of a history.

After all, I did make it out to a handful of games this year, including one with some fellow newsies, and one that was part of a wedding (and just happened to be the game that they were declared NL West champs).


While I wasn't fortunate enough to get in on the World Series coverage for the news (AKA got shafted), I was pleased to be entertained by an exciting collection of games that ended much better than their last attempt. Woo!

And, to top it off, we were lucky enough to get a visit by Timmy "The Freak" Lincecum! He took time out of his busy pitchin' & smokin' schedule to celebrate with the newsroom. What a guy!


You might be surprised to learn that he is much smaller in person than you'd think.

GIANTS!!

No comments: