
Being new to the Sacramento area and a born-again Californian, I still think it's pretty cool that Schwarzenegger is the governor. I missed out on the early years, where "The Governator" t-shirts were cool like slap bracelets were in the 90's. Now, unfortunately, both are pretty lame (although I'll admit that I wear both when I'm alone in my apartment... don't tell anyone). I grew up watching Arnold whup on terrorists, communists, robots and even holiday shoppers. That being said, I was pretty stoked to finally catch him in action at today's CHP memorial service.

It was a nice service representing those who had fallen in the line of duty for the California Highway Patrol. Being a serious subject, I won't crack any CHiPs jokes, but I will say that the cookies were excellent.

Unfortunately, during his speech he did not break out any of his classic movie lines (my personal favorite: "If it bleeds, we can kill it!" (perhaps the new Republican party motto?)). He had some kind things to say about the good people at the CHP, who are in charge of security at the capitol building and apparently guard him while he works out at the local gym. There are certainly no girly-men in this organization.

At least he's a lot cooler than Oregon's governor, Ted Kulongoski, who I hear has recently fallen on some
hard times...
1 comment:
Ted is a midget pussy.
Also...I loved the Amtrack story below...there's nothing quite like news you can't use.
Post a Comment