Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Holiday Traditions

I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas/holiday season/whatever!

I was fortunate enough to have Christmas fall on my weekend, which provided the first time ever that a Monday/Tuesday weekend was beneficial. I cruised down to the Bay Area to chill with the fam, including California's #1 party animal, Jasper the Christmas Dog:

I found him that stupid hat at Target. At first he hated it, but after an hour or so of rolling around and barking, he accepted his fate and moved on to entertaining the dinner guests. However, every time the ball would flop down between his eyes, he'd start trying to chase it until it fell back behind his head. Top-notch entertainment. It didn't take long before he was out for the evening.

After Jasper went down, I needed a new way to entertain my drunkenly festive self.

That's when I got to thinking... holiday decorations are expensive and are only useful for a short period of time. "Why did I spend $500 on that robotic Santa Claus when I should have bought my kid his ear medicine?" Well, being concerned about your holiday festivities, your checking account balance and your child's equilibrium, I came up with a perfect solution: the interchangeable holiday decoration. Think: Mr. Potatohead, but festive and not shaped like a stupid potato.

Delving into our basement, I found the key element to my brilliant plan: an animatronic Frankenstein Halloween decoration. After borrowing Jasper's festive garb, I was ready to complete my prototype.


That's right, with the addition of only a few Christmas-related items, Santa Frankenstein was ready to go. Why purchase a brand new Santa when you've got a perfectly good one sitting in the basement!

Heck, I can't hardly tell the difference!

Imagine the possibilities... it only takes some rabbit ears to make Easterstein! A pilgrim hat to make Thanksgivingstein! A pint of green Harp and an ugly girl to make St. Patrick's Daystein! I really think I'm on to something.

If nothing else, we've got a new family tradition... Here's my dad clicking the ON/OFF button for the scary music to the tune of "Jingle Bells".

He found moderate success.

So keep an eye out for Holidaystein! If all goes according to plan, he should hit shelves right around Valentine's Day... the perfect way to surprise your sweetheart!

Happy Holidays from Christmastein!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like this new tradition. It's very Scrooged...hey! I just realized I didn't see Scrooged on TV once this Holiday Season! I feel ripped off! I want my $3.50 back!

Chris said...

Neither did I! What the hell, I work my ass off all year, knowing that at the end, Scrooged will be on all day on TBS. Instead I got stuck watching Jingle All The Way over and over again.