Monday, June 23, 2008

Goodbye to Carlin

As I was tapping through the cable news channels in search of a quick fix of political jibber-jabber, I was saddened to see that another icon was taken by the likes of heart trouble. The mighty George Carlin died at the ripe young age of 71 (young enough to run for president!).

He was one of the great standup comedians, pioneering a style of comedy that happens to be one of my personal favorites: angry. The littlest things would piss this guy off, and you were gonna hear all about it. Now that's comedy.

Carlin was best known for his charitable efforts, working tirelessly to help stoned teenagers pass their history exams in order to keep their lousy garage bands together, thereby insuring a future centered around being excellent to each other and partying on.



I've always thought the guy was hilarious, and I'm sad to see him go. So long, Rufus.

No comments: