With a week and a half of much needed vacation time to kill, I hit the road for the merry old land of Oregon, my old stomping ground and home to many cronies, well-wishers and booze-hound crumbums that have passed through my life. It was high time we had a reunion.
PORTLAND
The adventure began in the city of Portland, a very cool city that I rarely got to spend time in while living in Eugene. Definatly a city I'd consider moving to someday, if only the weather was sunny and beautiful year round, not just for 26 days in the summer. Still, those few days are gorgeous.
After an evening on the town, I headed up to the Columbia River gorge for a day of hiking. It was awesome, and it made me realize that I need to get a job shooting some sort of adventure or travel show rather than stupid news. You just don't get to do stuff like this when you spend your days chasing house fires and hoodlums.


EUGENE
My travels then took me South to Eugene, my former place of residence. Finding the city in the midst of a dismal heatwave, my buddy and I sought refuge from the scorching temperature by way of baby pools and lawn chairs.
Each armed with a pool, a chair and a sixer of tall boys, we were ready to take on the day's wrath.
But wait... something was missing from the equation...
There we go! With the quick addition of a Nintendo, we were living like kings as sweaty motorists cruised by and hollered their approval. Truly one of the greater ways I've spent an afternoon (which is kinda sad).
TRIALS
While boozing in the sun was one way to pass the days, it was hardly the only thing to do in town over the week. Eugene was hosting the US Olympic Track and Field trials down at the University of Oregon's Hayward Field. Of course, my adventure was unable to pass this up.
Full coverage to come soon.
NIGHT ON THE TOWN
Before my departure, I rounded up some ol' photog pals for one last hurrah.
It was a night that shall live in infamy.


Plus, the nefarious Guapo was finally introduced to the legendary Chucko. It was like a perfect storm of drunken numbskullery.
With that, I returned to a fire-engulfed California to conclude the adventure, compliments of the United States government. 1,341 miles driven, but it was worth every dollar of the outrageously priced gas.
Watch for an Adventure Travel Video, coming soon.
EUGENE
My travels then took me South to Eugene, my former place of residence. Finding the city in the midst of a dismal heatwave, my buddy and I sought refuge from the scorching temperature by way of baby pools and lawn chairs.
TRIALS
While boozing in the sun was one way to pass the days, it was hardly the only thing to do in town over the week. Eugene was hosting the US Olympic Track and Field trials down at the University of Oregon's Hayward Field. Of course, my adventure was unable to pass this up.
NIGHT ON THE TOWN
Before my departure, I rounded up some ol' photog pals for one last hurrah.
Watch for an Adventure Travel Video, coming soon.

1 comment:
Never been called nefarious before.
Seriously though...good to see you while you were in town.
Even more seriously...as great as it was to meet up with Chucko...perhaps it's best if we limit our encounters. Together...he and I could destroy the world. Unless we run out of alcohol. If that happens, we won't get anything done.
Post a Comment