Monday, March 17, 2008

Green Day

If there's one thing Americans like, it's alcohol-infused holidays. New Years Eve, Fat Tuesday, Super Bowl Sunday... all days where it is considered socially acceptable to get silly-drunk and act a fool.

Today is the grand-daddy of them all... St. Patrick's Day! A day where some of the lesser racial stereotypes are embraced with celebratory alcoholism. Today I stumbled onto a St. Patrick's Day Parade in Old Sacramento. I didn't realize that there were traditionally parades on this day, but I wasn't about to argue with the green-laden firefighters and dancing children!

So before the day is out, find yourself a green beer, shout at somebody in a funny accent, and do a wacky jig. Ah, this day comes but once a year!

In addition, the following video resurfaces around this time every year, and I never get tired of it. While discussing it in the newsroom the other day, I was shocked to find that many had never seen it before. Being that it's one of the great news packages of our time, I feel it's necessary to pass it on, in case you haven't seen it or may have forgotten about it. This shining example of journalistic storytelling comes all the way from the merry land of Mobile, AL:



Ah, a classic! Right up there with the News Desk Monkey and the almighty Bubb Rubb! I hope to one day be involved in a story that ascends into the Hilarious Crap Hall of Fame. That prospect is what gets me out of bed every morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.