Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mayor the Bounty Hunter

As previously reported by Photocalypse reporters, the Sacramento mayoral race is heating up. Attacks are flying between the current mayor Heather Fargo, a career politician, and her main opponent Kevin Johnson, a former NBA all-star. However, amidst the blazing gunfire between the Hatfargos and the McJohnsons (an attempted reference to the Hatfields and McCoys... which clearly didn't work), one man rode in from the sunset to declare that this ain't no two way race!

That's right... Legendary Sacramento bounty hunter Leonard Padilla has thrown his (cowboy) hat into the ring and declared that he's ready for a down-and-dirty tussle.

Woah momma, we've got ourselves one doozy of a mayoral race!

That leaves us with one wacky political three-way. A career female politician, a young black superstar looking for change, and a battle-hardened tough guy. Once again, I can't help but feel like I've seen this somewhere before...

All I know is that this race is about to get ugly... and that makes for terrific humorous commentary!

Unfortunately, this won't be the first side-show hoopla election that California's seen in the new millennium. How could we forget 2003's gubernatorial recall election, where incumbent Democratic Governor Gray Davis (a friend of The Photocalypse) was dethroned and granted the title of "second governor in US history to be recalled". The election, consisting of 135 candidates, eventually resulted in the crowning of former terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor (another friend of The Photocalypse). While the mayoral election isn't quite the hullabaloo that this was, it's shaping up to be ripe for mockery. More to come...

2 comments:

Lenslinger said...

Duff, any chance of seeing you in Vegas next month for NAB? Weaver, Turd, a few others and I will be there for the b-roll bash on April 14th. Would love to assemble soem kind of whiskey-laced photog blogger summit...

Chris said...

Wish I could be there! Perhaps next year's convention.