Sunday, November 9, 2008

Change Has Come

I was about to start packing last week, getting ready to move to New Zealand to become some sort of tour guide or something. Then, to my shock and awe, Obama was elected president. Oprah cried. Jesse Jackson cried. Sean Hannity cried (for a different reason). Guess I'll stick around for another year or four.

As you've probably noticed from the 24 hour coverage over the last two years, elections are considered goldmines for the news industry. Election night itself is like the Super Bowl, Christmas and Fat Tuesday rolled into one. It's chaotic, it's stressful, and in the end everybody is thankful that it only comes once every few years.

So now the country's on a new course. Well, almost. Come January 20 (the day after my birthday... couldn't ask for a better present), Bush is (finally) out and the new guy's in. With a sense of relief, I retired my bumper sticker on November 5th.

For once we can say "mission accomplished" in this country without everybody laughing. Our apologies to McCain, a close friend to the Photocalypse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not being the "leave up dated bumper stickers" guy. I saw that guy a couple days ago. He had a W'04 sticker on this truck. Lame, and gay, and lame, and gay.

Also...Conhain looked suicidal in that 2nd photo. Not liking the new regime, me thinks?

Chris said...

Well, that and not liking the way things were going on election night, and I'm not talking about the numbers.

You might also notice a frustrated Don Peso in the background... or it might be Sasquach, not sure.

Travelin' Miles said...

Damn I was planning on moving out of the country too if things flipped the oppisite way. Maybe we could've started our own tour guide business?