To my surprise, $10 didn't quite get me courtside, but it was still cheaper than going to the movies.
With the Warriors down a few key players, the Kings made themselves look half-way decent. It was difficult choosing sides, between my hometown team and my newly adopted team, but since I didn't really feel too attached to either, I decided to tell myself that I wanted whichever team was winning to win, in order to avoid the difficult post-loss depression. Hey, as long as everybody has fun, that's what the game should really be about.However, despite jumping from team to team throughout the game, I couldn't help but feel like a failure as I continued to purchase beers that cost about as much as the ticket. Next time I'll just pick up a keg and dress it in a baby outfit. That ticket would only cost $10.
Following a rough loss by the Warriors, Don Peso tended to his wounds the only way he knew how: pumpkin froyo.
Basketball just isn't what it used to be. I remember back in the 70's when the Warriors were actually a good team. They could take on any of the top challengers: The Furies, The Orphans, The Punks... I hardly even recognize basketball today.

No comments:
Post a Comment