For some reason, I seem to have been elected the American Idol corespondent for our station. I've been shipped out to LA for the
season finale, sent backstage to interview those on the
Idols tour, and had a few additional encounters
here and
there. Not that I'm complaining- I enjoy the occasional fluff story and semi-celebrity interview. It's just that I've never really been a fan of the show, although I will say that American Idol has gotta be the most brilliant money-making gimmick of all time. I just wish I had thought of it first.
So who's passing through the Sac this time? Why, it's 2008's winner David Cook, who is rockin' out on the first day of the California State Fair. He's offering media availability, so who do they send? Why, the expert, of course.
I will say... nice guy. Friendly, genuine and very appreciative of his fans and the show. That can't be said about all of the AI alumni, at least the handful that have crossed my path, so I will give him mad ups for that. Well, that and the fact that he was open to a stupid, juvenile request from a small-time photog...

You never know how somebody's going to react when offered a tape with a mustache. Fellow Idol-alumn
Adam Lambert was amused and willing to sign the tape. Former UFC champ
Chuck Liddell seemed confused and slightly concerned, although to his credit he did sign the thing. David Cook was happy to oblige with a quick photo-op, and got a good chuckle when introduced to ol' Alfonzo, so I gotta give the guy a thumbs-up for going along with the ludicrous request.
The two songs I got to shoot didn't sound all that bad either, not that I'm a fan or anything... I'm just sayin.
No comments:
Post a Comment