Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Idol Reunion

Gosh, it seems like it's only been a month or two since me and the Idol gang were together. My, how time flies. But fortunately an unexpected reunion was on the horizon, and before I knew it I was right back with my ol' sing-songy pals. For you see, the top ten winners on the show are contractually obliged to a 50-date tour. And, would you believe it, stop number 4 was right here in ol' Sactown.

5 of the 10 performers were trucked out and presented to the local media for a little facetime. Again, I am no expert in American Idol, aside from a brief adventure or two, so I brought along my sidekick from the LA adventure, Idol expert and close personal friend to Adam Lambert, Alfonzo Beta.

Unfortunately, Adam never dropped in to visit with his ol' yellow pal, although we did get to chat with Idol winner Kris Allen (above), along with Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds and a few others. Autographs, photos and even singing were strictly forbidden by their management, but we did get a few minutes with each. Nice folks.

We also got to duck in to shoot the last couple of songs, a pair of Kris Allen dittys (well... covers), and a grand finale of Journey's Don't Stop Believing. Not bad, from what I saw. Still not a fan, but not bad.

Great to see you guys again. Perhaps we'll cross paths on next year's Idol adventure. Oh, Alfonzo will be there too.

No comments: