Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th and the King

Everyone loves the 4th of July. BBQs, booze and blowing stuff up while soaking in the gorgeous summer weather... you just can't beat it.

This was the first 4th in a while where I haven't had to work a night shift and do a live shot featuring fireworks. It turned into a fine adventure, the details of which must remain classified... but it did feature a drunk guy's rendition of Michael Jackson's Bad early in the evening...



As you can see in this cell phone vid, complements of my POS Razr with a cracked lens, many are still mourning the passing of the King of Pop. Can't say I was ever really a fan... but I certainly have enjoyed the non-stop barrage of documentaries and music videos that have been saturating my television. It'll be a long time before we see someone as fascinating as that again (for better or worse).

Happy 4th, everybody! Drink some beer, blow up a GI Joe and revel in the passing of a true American icon.

No comments: