Monday, July 6, 2009

Trials, Trails and Tallboys: The Movie

As many of you probably remember, last summer featured an adventure to the Northwest, which included an appearance at the Olympic Trials, partying in Portland, hiking, partying in Eugene, and probably some other stuff that has since been forgotten. It was an epic adventure for the ages, and featured the filming of the fourth installment in my always exciting travel video series.

And then it was forgotten about for... well... exactly a year. I shot a lot of random stuff, and when I got back, I didn't really want to take the time to sort through all of it. So I figured I'd get around to it eventually, and every once in a while I'd think, "Hey, I should get around to that." I actually started it at one point, with this grand plan of having the There Will Be Blood opening credits song playing and calling it There Will Be Booze. So I downloaded the song from iTunes, only to find that I couldn't load that format into Adobe Premiere. So I tried burning it to a CD so I could reload it in an MP3 format, and my CD burner decided it didn't want to work any more (that still hasn't been fixed). So I got frustrated, and a year passed. Then I came across Guapo's recent travel video, which got me thinking... hey, I should really get around to that.

So I scrapped all the original ideas and started fresh. I grabbed some beers, slapped it together, and found that somehow YouTube now cuts out the sound of anything using copywrited material... and it somehow figures that out in the minute long processing time. Damnit. So I had to turn to Flickr, which cut off the vid at 1:30. So finally I had to dust off an old MySpace account just to get it posted. This seemed a lot easier the last time I did it.

So, you've waited long enough... here's the final presentation of Adventure #4: Trials, Trails and Tallboys!



Be sure to check out parts one, two and three if you haven't recently. I know... 3 of the 4 adventures have been to Eugene, but I'll try to shake things up a bit with the future installments. I shot a bunch at May's Idol Adventure, and I've got a lil trek to Cancun coming up in a few weeks, so we'll see if we can't shake things up a bit (not that there won't be future Eugene adventures!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

If we could figure out a way to make millions of dollars making these travel vids...well...that'd be pretty cool! (yeah)

And what was up with my sideburns? I don't remember them being that long.

El Borracho said...

Dick Ebersol here...

You owe me a quarter Mil. a check by friday will suffice.