So I'm punching buttons on the radio until I find something manageable. But after a few minutes go by, I start to listen to the music and say "Wait... What station is this?" The positive, loving nature of the seemingly hard rock is confusing me and making me feel uncomfortable. Upon further investigation, I once again discover that I have stumbled upon The Fish, Sacramento's religious music station. "Damn you, Fish! You fooled me again!" I proclaim as I skid off the road and search for a real rock station.
Yes, religion has tried to rear its ugly head into all aspects of life, including rock and/or roll (everybody knows that all the best bands have already signed with Satan). But I was shocked and appalled when the following link was sent to me, displaying in all its glory what has become known as "religious rap":
Yes, promoting the "Christian Side Hug" (in order to help prevent the "risk of two crotches touching"), this group has blasted onto the scene, claiming religious rap as their own.
I don't care about their message... No, what really upsets me is that these clowns claim to be the pioneers of religious rap, when everyone knows that religious rap originated with a little group called The Rocky Road Underground.
If you're unaware of their back story, you should get caught up before we continue.
Anyway, everybody knows that Rabbi Rap was the origin of religious rap, and to prove it, I have published a (very) rough cut of something I started to cobble together years ago but never got around to finishing... a documentary on the legendary Rocky Road Underground. So here's a little clip from that failed experiment...
I don't care about their message... No, what really upsets me is that these clowns claim to be the pioneers of religious rap, when everyone knows that religious rap originated with a little group called The Rocky Road Underground.
Anyway, everybody knows that Rabbi Rap was the origin of religious rap, and to prove it, I have published a (very) rough cut of something I started to cobble together years ago but never got around to finishing... a documentary on the legendary Rocky Road Underground. So here's a little clip from that failed experiment...
With a little luck, this will spark my interest once again, and perhaps one day the world will finally see a completed version of "The Rocky Road Underground: Behind the Money". But I've said that before... so don't hold your breath.
At the very least, I may release a book of motivational quotes from singer Seamus McGoy.
At the very least, I may release a book of motivational quotes from singer Seamus McGoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment