As adulthood has dawned upon me, I have come to realize that Halloween, much like most other holidays (
New Year's Eve,
St. Patrick's Day, heck... even
Christmas) is just an excuse for "grown-ups" to get drunk and act like fools. Don't get me wrong, as I'm not complaining... I'm just sayin' that it ain't the night of glee and whimsey that it once was.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Now chicks, they got the costume thing easy. They can take anything and slutty it up a bit, and nobody complains. A slutty cop, a slutty pirate, I even saw a slutty bumblebee (explain that one to me).
Dudes have to be a little more creative. The most popular of the night was my pal's Silent Bob get-up (left):

Other costumes we came upon ranged from the hilarious...

to the kinda gross...

to the just plain wrong...

Mine was sort of a combination of all three, as I donned a stereotypical Oakland Raiders fan costume:

If you don't get it, you've never been to an Oakland Raiders game.
Another year, another Halloween filled with drunken debauchery. Ah, the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment